Sunday, September 11, 2011

Consideration

I spent the weekend in one of my favorite places in the world, Charleston, SC. We were having a great day, Baby Lovely and I had spent some mother-daughter time walking around downtown and shopping. When we returned back to our car, we found a whole different situations though.
Seriously?

To anyone who has ever been to Charleston, you most likely know that the parking situation can be a little..tricky. There is a parking lot that I always use whenever I'm in town - we call it the "secret parking lot". It's an unassuming little stretch of spaces tucked behind a building off of King Street, and I can almost always find a spot. The only drawback is that the spaces can be narrow, but as long as you are somewhat conscientious of how you park, it's not usually a problem. I, however, returned to find the above (my car is on the right). The Prius next to me was so far over the line that not only could I not load the baby into the car, I couldn't even open either of the doors on the driver's side. To anyone who has ever loaded a baby and a stroller into a car you know my dilemma. The other side was so tight I couldn't open the back passenger side door to get to the car seat. I had no idea what to do - I finally stopped a very nice family with a baby and asked if they would watch BL long enough for me to move the car. I moved her stroller to a safe area away from the cars (where I could also watch the kind people who were watching her - they seemed nice, but you never know anymore.) I squeezed into the front passenger side and climbed across, backed out far enough to open the doors and got BL safely in her car seat. I somehow resisted the urge to do anything violent to the other car. The worst part is that the Prius was parked in an END SPOT! They had plenty of room on the other side, but they just didn't take enough time to even think about anyone else. How selfish is that??? I don't know why I let stuff like this bother me so much, but it just seems so inconsiderate and rude. Otherwise, we had a great time and enjoyed perfect late summer weather.  How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! THis is my biggest pet peeve. Well, that and people who dont put their grocery carts/shopping trolleys back and then they roll into my car!! BUt, this happened to me at my gym when Anika was little and I didnt know what to do, so I went inside and told the front desk girl so she could figure out who owned the car but she came out and just watched the baby while I did what you did. I was so annoyed and it is just plain RUDE!

    ReplyDelete