Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Shredding

Well, I think my post about the leftover baby weight, combined with the fact that it was chilly enough a few weeks ago require me to put on pants, was enough to spur me to action. (Note: I have not been going around town in only a shirt. I just very much prefer sundresses, and many happen to be more forgiving to my post baby body than a pair of jeans. I also do not believe that you can simply throw a belt around a shirt and call it a "dress". Not even if you are twenty.) I started doing Jillian Michael's Thirty Day Shred a few weeks ago and so far it's kicking my butt. (ok, so for those of you that have done it before - when you have to do the series of "butt kicks" how much does it annoy you when she says that you are "literally kicking yourself in the butt"?). Seriously not a huge Jillian fan, but I will have to say that her workouts have been effective so far. They are advertised as twenty minutes, but with warmup and cool down it's closer to thirty. I'm not complaining, they are quick enough that I have been able to squeee in a workout most days.

I started this little masochistic endeavor three weeks ago and have lost four pounds. I started out doing it every day for the first ten days. Since my life has gotten a little more hectic (ever tried to work out with a baby attached to your ankle? Literally?) I have only been able to do it a few times a week, but I'm still very pleased with the results. I have made only minor tweaks to my diet so I have to say it's all do to the workout. Tweaks like "no thank you, I shouldn't have a third second cookie". More than the weight loss, I can tell a difference in the way my body looks and how my clothes fit, and to me that's almost more important than the scale. I'm happy with my progress and I have slowly been trying to get re-aquainted with some old friends in my closet. Perhaps when I reach my goal I can introduce them to some new friends. J Crew has been taunting me with catalogs recently, and I have to admit I've missed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment