Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Perfection

For some reason in my life, when it rains, it pours. I have a lot going on with family and friends right now and I have been stressed and far too busy recently.

I try very hard to be the "best" I can for everyone in my life. It seems sometimes that the harder I try to juggle everything and be perfect, the more I stumble.

For instance, a close friend just lost her mother. I rushed home from working this afternoon to bake her a pound cake - poor AG had been with me at work and was tired and cranky. She was fussy and just wanted to be cuddled, but I put her in her swing so I could make the cake. Once I got it in the oven, I went to tend to her - she is now napping on my lap peacefully. I had a moment of panic though when I realized the recipe called for 1/2 cup of butter - which is one stick, not two. That's right, I doubled the butter in the recipe. While that may make Paula Deen happy, I doubt it's going to do my pound cake any favors.

The more I try to do, the more the quality of what I'm trying to do goes down. I enjoy blogging. I really do... Writing is therapeutic for me and I really enjoy reading other people's blogs. How am I supposed to encourage anyone to read mine though if I don't post for eleven days? *insert audible sigh here* I still struggle to find a balance to everything in my life. Right now I'm off to deal with a butter logged pound cake. Anyone have Paula Deen's number?

No comments:

Post a Comment