Saturday, August 27, 2011

Calling Cards

In my grumble grumble more than I'd like to admit years as an adult I have never had actual business cards. I have had several positions in the "real" world that would necessitate them, but for some reason or another I never managed to actually have proper business cards printed with my name, fancy (sounding) title, and other pertinent info on it. So now in my new mommy life I certainly don't have that opportunity...or so I thought. I recently saw on another blog where Minted was offering 25 free(!) mommy cards (just pay shipping) and I couldn't resist. There is something so old fashioned and traditional about calling cards, and so modern about casually handing them out over sippy cups or gin and tonics chardonnay.

Hello Patterns Business Cards
Picture from http://www.minted.com/

These are now on their way to the Lovely household. I'm ridiculously excited. After the Captain mocked me a little for lusting after the cards he finally came around when I explained to him how useful they could be. For instance, I'm still involved in several social organizations where business cards are needed; they are great for using when you meet new people and want to set up play dates and don't want to dig through your purse for a pen and scrap of paper; plus, they're really pretty (and did I mention free?). He couldn't argue with free. I'm also the kid who loved school supplies and organizing my back pack so I think a large part of my inner dork was involved in this purchase. Regardless, I can't wait for them to get here and have the opportunity to ambush another mom at story time and nonchalantly hand her one of these.
Hello Patterns Business Cards
Picture from http://www.minted.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment