Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Stranger Danger

Yesterday, while Baby Lovely and I were doing our weekly grocery shopping, the unthinkable happened. Some strange woman came up and tried to touch Baby Lovely's head! A little background : although many pregnant women are subjected to strangers trying to touch them, I managed to make it the entire nine months without any strangers trying to rub my belly.  I told the Captain I just sent out the "Don't touch me vibe" and everyone stayed away.  I don't mean friends and family - I had no problem with them wanting to feel her kick, however I am not a "touchy feely" person and I had no interest in being accosted by strangers. 

Imagine my surprise yesterday when we were in the grocery store and a middle aged woman made a beeline over to me and tried to rub the top of Baby Lovely's head! I carry her in an Ergo front carrier when we run errands so this woman was definitely invading personal space. I tried to sidestep her and stuck a protective Mommy elbow up.  Who does that? Seriously, is it OK to touch other people's babies? If you are over the age of 80 you get a pass (barely), but otherwise it is not OK in my book.  Thoughts?


Baby Lovely grocery shopping (without any strangers trying to touch her adorable bald head).


No comments:

Post a Comment